[A/S] 79 w/Excella-Vac hydraulic disc brakes

Well, I did it.

Since I was a youngster helping to run my family's KOA campground
in western Kansas, I have admired those silver fuselage trailers that
were parked on the hook-up line Mom called "Got-Rocks Row". I still
don't have the "Rocks", but now I do have a 1979 Airstream Travel
Trailer. 31' Twin, Center Bath. It was my Christmas present for
2001... and boy!, do I have a lot of questions for you folks.

My tow vehicle is a 2001, Ford F250 Super Duty, v10, 4x4, crew cab.

The first puzzle I need your help with are the brakes.

The Airstream is equipped with Excella-Vac hydraulic disc brakes.
I am thinking of continuing to use this brake system.

1. Is that a good idea?
2. What issues/problems should I anticipate?
3. How do I configure the tow vehicle?
(It lacks the necessary trailer vacuum hose connection, and a Kelsey
Hayes Controller {or equivalent}).
4. How do I test the configuration to make certain it works properly.
(The nearest Airstream dealer never heard of Excella-Vac disk brakes.)

I have the original and complete Owners Manual that came with the
trailer, and can offer copies to those interested. Sure would like to
locate a Service Manual for the correct year and model.

If anyone has experience with this braking system, please advise.

Any other tips or suggestions you may have in regard to my new
Christmas present, project and most recent hobby please post a reply.

I look forward to hearing from you.