Re: [A/S] Suburbans vs conversion vans

Diane,

I've been a van person for the last 25 years.  Current
van is a '99 Chevy Express Passenger Van, 5.7 liter V8
3.73 rear end, towing capacity 6,500 lbs.  Not quite
the towing capacity of a similar engine, axle
Suburban.  Cost wise many thousands lower than
Suburban. I like the ability to move from front to
back in the van and the fact we can store items
standing up, lawn chairs, bicycles etc.

I waiting for delivery of a 2001 Safari (will roll out
from production on April 24th) so I can't give you any
A/S towing experience.  I have towed a 28ft Electra
(made by Thor) for three years and last year towed to
Estes Park Colo.  I am happy with the van as a tow
vehicle.  I think the wheel base is the size of the
Suburban (or just slightly longer).  Length is a
little longer than the Suburban.  It is a big vehicle
and you do sit up high above traffic.  I like the
view.

Regards,

Jack Canavera
STL Mo.