[A/S] Re: Vintage Airstream Lighting

I notice that REI is now selling a couple of headlamps that use a cluster
of these LED and get *much* greater life out of std batteries. Not sure
how bright. I've been meaning to buy one to see how good they are and if
anything is involved other than LEDs and batteries (well, a switch, of
course). Figure it should be easy enough to reverse engineer for 12v and
any brightness (just add LEDs) with Radio Shack parts. OTOH, if the
things are really good enough as is you could just make some wall
mounting brackets and run them forever with rechargable AAs and a small
solar charger.

Wow, another project!

Rob