Re: [A/S] Suburbans vs conversion vans

For my needs vans have always been my choice. I have either had lots of
stuff or lots of kids with lots of stuff. Currently we use a 97 Chevy Express
3/4 ton with 350ci. We tow a 75/27 overlander. The van comes in handy when
carrying our bicycles, no racks lots of room, easy in and out. Towing is a
breeze, it handles beautifully. Although without a load it rides like a
truck. If I get a larger or newer A/S the added weight would call for larger
engine.  For some reason suburbans with the same engine, drive train, and
suspension are rated to tow more.
 I don't know of any 3/4 or 1 ton conversion vans. I believe they are
intended to give a smooth limo type ride, They are also loaded with lots of
heavy plush gadgets bells and whistles that are nice but cut back on your
overall tow capacity. What ever you get be sure it is rated to tow what you
have.

J.L.#4361