Re: [A/S] Suburbans vs conversion vans

Hunter, I got a flat fiberglass shell on my 1998 F-150 extended cab from
Leer which has a manufacturing facility in Georgia. They had several models
and I chose one with a wider "skirt" that came down on the side and rear to
just below the black plastic edge protector that comes standard  on the
truck. My shell has never leaked. The only time I get any water is when I
raise the lid when it has standing water and then the water runs toward the
cab and some gets in the bed. When the lease was up on that truck I took the
shell off, had it painted and clear coated and installed in on my 2001
F-150. It stays dry also. I paid $700 for it in 1998.

Jim Greene
'68 Tradewind