[A/S] Re: Airstream Classic Motorhome Questions

Jim

We bought our 345 from a local farmer whose health had failed.  There
were a lot of loose screws and such to repair as his health would not
allow him to keep the unit up anymore.  The worst thing was in driving
it home in a wind, that it was darn near uncontrolable.  I replaced
the front and driver shocks and it drove like a dream.  Then after a
while it became hard to control again, and I found that one of the
shocks on the tag axle had broken from its mount.  I repaired that and
everything is fine now.  You need those shocks!!
We feel it is a fine solid unit.  It is not the first unit we have
owned, but it may be the last we like it so well.  There were things
like the unit on the counter that runs the food processor and blender
and mixer, that had a switch out.  Charlie Burke found that for me.
Little things like that have all been repaired now.  It feels like
driving a Cadilac and it certainly draws a lot of attention.  Many
people ask me if it is new.