Re: [A/S] Airstream Classic Motorhome Questions

Hi Jim,
    You might want to talk to Ron Amme, WBCCI #6056,
prof899@juno.com     He has a Classic MH and being a former A/S dealer and
currently operating an A/S restoration/ parts/ Maintenance business, might
be able to give you some pointers. I was visiting him at his business on
Friday and he showed me some quirks he had discovered. The most serious was
the location/function of the on board inverter. This MH had several
catastrophic alternator failures prior to him buying it. Seems the inverter
was located beneath the sink and ice-maker, mounted on it's side and
vulnerable to any water leaks from either device. Long story short,  the
inverter was failing and took several Alternators with it!
S. W. Sandy
WBCCI # 4159 & VAC
Region 2 VAC Representative
1970 27' Overlander