[A/S] Re:Pathfinder

I had a 92 Pathfinder and loved it. Tough, reliable, muscley, with a
nice terrier-like growl when you stepped on it. I towed a light weight
two horse trailer with it, but I will confess it made me nervous. There
were a couple of times when people pulled out in front of me or did
other stupid things when I felt that things were out of hand. length of
wheel base and weight. I was a bit over the stated load, but engineers
at Nissan told me I was OK ( this was after I bought the thing).

I think there are two considerations to towing:
	1. Are you operating in a way that will wear out the tower fast ?.
Tranny, overheating, stressing the whole thing.

	2. Are you going to be the tower or the towee if things get exciting.
This includes the lovely sensation of being nearly blown off the road by
big trucks or cross winds, panic stops, avoidance manoevers etc.

You can probably get away with occaisional over stressing, especially if
the tower is well engineered.  But you may die if your tower can't
control the trailer.

The photos of big heavy cars towing A/S remind me that those cars
weighed a LOT and had long wheelbases. They also went on roads with
fewer cars at half the speed of today's highways.

So get a monster and be safe.

Daisy