[A/S] Re: (10/27/00) Ajo, AZ

All this and you failed to mention the HUGE, now abandoned, open pit
copper mine that is the reason for the towns existance. It is a site
to see and quite impressive.

The Copper Kettle is good eating but I prefer the 50's style Burger
shop on the outskirts of town.

No I don't live there but I have spent some time there (not as an RV-
er either). Wouldn't mind going back someday for a visit.

It is a charming, sleepy little town.

Much better than Gila Bend (in my opinion) for a relaxing vacation.
Of course there is no Burger King or McDonalds in Ajo as there is in
Gila Bend.

It is also not too far from the Mexican border if you wanted to take
a jaunt over the border for a day trip or 2.

I'm not trying to sell the place by the way.  To some it will be
wonderful and relaxing...to others really boring.