Re: [A/S] Future of the WBCCI

I can't help but respond to this thread.

I went to the International Rally - I too work *alot*
so getting out to Bismarck was an overnight drive
after leaving work on a Friday.   I was sad to find
out that many people had already left by the time I
got there.  I'm only guessing that they had to get
home - and being a novice WBCCI'er meant that I didn't
realize many of the people had already been there a
week.

I've partaken in the Ritual - and I kinda like it
(It's kinda sweet in a small town way) - though our
current President (Region 7, MN Unit - John Tetzlaff)
is a cool guy, and very laid back.  I'm certainly the
youngest member in my unit - the presidents children
are older than me.  Our unit president made a point to
find out what kinds of things I like to do - in hopes
of integrating activities for those of us that are not
yet retired.

> I think younger folks are less social.

I disagree with this - maybe just "different" social -
not as much sitting around the fire nowadays - more
sending email, and talking on the digital phone rather
than knocking on the front door. more planning to do
things than *actually* doing things -- I personally
would like to see more sitting around the fire,
knocking on doors -

> I don't think it's high
> prices scaring people away,
> just look at all those expensive cars, SUV's,
> vacations,and hobbies!

I agree -

and when it comes to rallies - you can expect to see
me when I get a puller!

Toby 2029

...planning to retire @ age 35... (that's in 5 years.)

=====