RE: [A/S] Window Rock Guards vs. Custom Vinyl/Canvas

Whoa - cool idea!  Sure - yellow pages for boat covers, upholsterers, etc.
Alternatives, alternatives, Hmmm.....  My Argosy, like everyone else's is
old - is it worth it to me to blow $600 on rock shields?  With 3 kids, 2
dogs, etc., etc., $600 is HARD to come by.

2 trains of thought: I'll bet that snap-on vinyl covers wouldn't set you
back more than a couple hundred tops.  Thick, padded stuff would work and
probably deflect most stuff.  Second train of thought:  How's about a good,
friendly window place?  Plexiglas is bendable with hot water...if you made a
template from cardboard/paper/anything and cut out a sheet of plexi, boiled
it (I don't know the heat required - it ain't high), then forced it to fit,
stuck it on with a coupla screws here and there, you'd still be able to see
out... and they'd provide a ton of protection.