[A/S] Window Rock Guards vs. Custom Vinyl/Canvas

OK, I called one dealer and found out these 3-piece window rock guards are
$500 - $600, not including installation.  (And I need one set for each end
of the Argosy.)  Then, only the middle piece is easily raised; the two side
pieces have to have two screws removed first.  AND, these pieces are dark
and keep a lot of light out.

SO, I am wondering if anyone out there has ever had removable snap-on vinyl
or canvas pieces made to cover windows?  Where would I investigate such a
thing - maybe a boat place?
Elisa