Re: [A/S] New A/S newbie questions

Cost me $480 last March to have the axle gears in my '98 F150 changed
from 3.08 to 4.10 ratio in a local hot rod shop. Finding the 23 tooth
speedometer sensor gear was more trouble. Somewhat later Fords can have
their speedometer calibration adjusted in the computer. I found one of
the gears at a Ford hot rod shop near Atlanta, and another (but with
very slow delivery) from a vendor of Ford Mustang hot rod parts. I can
find those places in my bills if needed.

The little V-8 in my '98 F150 likes to turn faster. Less lugging and it
really performs well (manual transmission). Within the limits of the
odometer calibration the gas mileage hasn't changed. On the other hand,
unhooking the air conditioning compressor cycling switch gave me 1.8 MPG
increase.

Gerald J.