The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Climbing on the roof?

I use a Krause 16' articulating ladder.  It has four joints that can be
changed to differnet angles.
         1.   16' straight ladder
         2.   8' A frame
         3.   Scaffolding 4' high x 8' long
         4.   12' straight with a 4' "platform" on top

I use the last position for polishing.  It allows me to be comfortable on
top for hours.  I put a furniture pad under the point where the ladder
rests on the top of the coach.  I don't "climb on the roof" . . . I stay on
the platform of the ladder.  Have never had any damage to the finish.  Also
use the ladder to do maintenance on A/C and when I installed a new vent.

See the unit at my website.
Bob
http://MrMinimal.com