The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

Re: [a/s] Climbing on the roof?

Hi Norma, We are lurkers too, and think this is wonderful.  We are new to
the Airstream world also and have learned alot from "listening".  I am
particularly interested in the solar concept, and am keeping up with what
Mr.Minimal has to say. Our 31' 1977 Excella 500 will be home for us for
about 5 months. I guess we will become in tune with its every breath by
Christmas.  My husband had to stuff me into the first Airstream we looked
at, once inside I fell in love. It took us about a week to meet and bond
with our silver twinkie.  Some sort of a scaffold sounds like a safe answer
to getting on top of the Airstream.  Due to bending too much weight in one
spot sounds scary.  Now, what do the experts say?  Hope to see you on the
Kenai one beautiful day in Alaska. Happy cleaning, Judie