[a/s] Re: Awning Problems...

You know I had similar problems with my awning. It is a nonstandard type
awning. In fact, maybe someone in Melbourne can solve the theproblem of name.
I have a trailer from Port of Call. The awning, I believe, was manufactured
my a person in Melbourne, Fl. It looks just live a Zip Dee but it is not. The
Zip Dee only comes out 8 feet, this awning comes out 9 feet.  The awning was
probably put on the trailer at Port of Call. It has alum. tubing bars that go
from the awning roll up bar,that swing out and go back to the top of the
awning at the trailer for support.  The problem I had, but now resolved, was
the spring came loose and it would not roll up. I had new fabric put on the
awning last summer. I took it to two local dealers for repairs. One wanted to
replace the awning at $1380 the other wanted to replace the roller bar at
$980. I had it finally repaired at a local trailer handy man shop for $50.40.
It would be nice to know the manufactuer of this awning. I'm sure there are
several like it at Port of Call. Can anybody help me with the name of the
manufactuer, and if so, are they still in business? Thanks.