Re: [a/s] heating element hot water heater

Joe, thanks for your thoughtful reply.  I think I'll forget about it.  Andy
Thompson was not very encouraging about the conversion either.  If Can-Am-Rv
did the installation he would have to charge $300 Canadian and that, as he
said, buys a lot of propane.  His suggestion was to wait till my 11 year old
hot water heater quits and then buy a propane/electric unit.  I assume that
such a unit would contain a cathodic rod as well as the intregal electric
heater.

I just thought that if there was no downside to it all I would install the
heater myself and hook it up via extension cord to the outside electrical
plug.  But I can not see any reason to hasten the deterioration of the
present heater if in the end I will throw away the add on unit.

Your explanation helped me to make up my mind.  Thanks.

Pete