Re: [a/s] heating element hot water heater

Hi Pete, the after market  electric heating elements that I am familiar with
do compromise the life expectancy of your hot water heater. The after market
elements require removal of the cathodic rod that provide galvanic
protection. The rod that is removed, is a sacrificial metal that dissolves
when galvanic action is present. Removal of this rod means that your tank
dissolves instead! Don't get me wrong, I am not judgmental about doing it.
In fact if I could find the correct size for my old hot water heater (and
under $90) I just might do it myself. Joe from Long Island.