Re: [a/s] Uncoupling Question

         Definitely not simple, but you have a similar problem with an
ordinary hitch.  You might be able (many won't) to raise the latch, but it
seems to me that you'll have to use the jack to raise the trailer up.  If
you cannot lift the latch, then you would have to adjust the hitch height
to releive the pressure on it, then lift the hitch off the trailer.  Then
there are the  spring bars - a Reese dual-cam system will have to be
removed; a straight springbar system won't.
         I doubt there are any easy or really fast scenarios.  Your
pin-with-a-ring plus a prying tool idea sounds like a good one to me,
regardless of the hitch type; I'm going to look into that.   But,
definitely, having a padlock on the hitch latch is another delay in an
already complicated and stressful situation.
         Maybe others on the list will have some ideas?

- Dick
(5368)