Re: [a/s] Genset...

No I haven't, and that is the obvious next step.  I too have difficulty
believing anything dire has happened, because it was running fine before the
lockup and shut down quite normally ... I had been camped somewhere in the
boonies in NM and probably ran it for three or four hours, then switched off.
Then when I went to start it again a few days later, it wouldn't.

When I first got this MH the previous owner said the genny wasn't operating.
Turned out the carb was a mess.  I've worked on a lot of boats, people tend to
haul them out and forget about them, then months later wonder why they won't
start.  So I'm used to "bad gas" in carburetors ... but this one was amazing.  I
ended up pulling the carb, dismantling it, and putting it in the ultrasonic
parts cleaner ... for about four hours.  It took three weeks to get the "bad
gas" smell out of the workbench area, afterwards.  But after that it ran fine,
for six years, with no problems except when some joker who "tuned" it for me
assembled the bimetal choke spring backwards, so it closed instead of opening as
the engine warmed up!  Took me a while to figure that one out, because I
supposed the guy (certified mechanic) knew what he was doing.  As they say,
"never assume."  Applies to engines just as much as to police work.

Thanks for the good advice.

John

Susi and John Burchard
Tepe Gawra Salukis