RE: [VACList] Furnace for Flying Cloud

As I was reading this site you recommended I noticed that A/S's of my
year "67 Safari", may need frame supports for an A/C.

Quote from the site:
"Q: Are the roofs equipped to support the weight of an air-conditioner?
A: Not all until 1969. Prior to that, some models will have frame
members adjacent to the vent opening, but others require two fore & aft
stringers be placed between frames ("main bows"), in between the skins."

We plan to have a new one installed soon.  Since there is already a non
working unit there and it's not the one that came on the trailer, can I
assume that the frame has been amended to support an A/C?  If I took out
the ratty looking existing top unit and looked inside the hole, would I
be able to tell? Do these "stringers" run parallel to the length of the
unit between the frame members? I assume they would be additional
lengthwise frame members welded to the arch crossways members.

Lexxy or Lynn
[Alexis Lynn] in Augusta Ga.
owns a 22' '67 Safari lawn ornament that
we hope becomes a usable unit before we die!!!

"http://www.airstream.org/FAQ/FAQ_12.html

I hope someone who has  an owners manual responds, as I would like to
see one added to the VAC OnLine Appliance Manual Library.
--
Best of luck,
RJ"