RE: [VACList] Returning member howdy

Greetings Joel!

Replacing the OEM brakes on your '66 Overlander with new "fully-loaded
backing plates" would likely solve a number of potential difficulties
with your existing brakes - - not necessarily the cheapest remedy, but
one that should have some extended service life.  I had periodic trouble
with erratic brakes on my '64 Overlander, and kept having the dealer
perform repairs until I ruined a nearly new GoodYear Marathon tire when
one of the brakes locked up and drug the wheel for a number of miles - -
with that experience, I relented and had the full-loaded backing plates
installed along with having the drums and shoes machined to match.  This
process was completed nearly four years ago and no additional
maintenance has be required beyond annual bearing repacks since then.

I started having similar troubles with my '78 Minuets brakes on my
current journey so suspect that it will be receiving the same treatment
from the dealer when it makes its visit there later this week.

Kevin