[VACList] Returning member howdy

I'm in Iowa City, since we're sharing, and I've been offlist for a while
and returning to the fold for strength and inspiration.  Just took the '66
Overlander out for the first time this summer (sigh) -- a short trip to
test the muscles and various systems.  Improvements to the tow vehicle
(1987 GMC Vandura) made for an easy and fast pull.  Very pleased with that.

On the AS, everything is working (at least everything that was working when
I put her down last fall), except the brakes.  These have a history of
mystery to them.  They weren't working last summer.  At that time, I
checked all connections, then gave up.  Then they started working the next
time out.  I can hear power getting back there, but the shoes seem not to
engage.  I suspect something mechanical is sort of frozen up in the brakes
themselves.  They are the original species.

Any suggestions would be lovely.  Thanks all.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, IA
1966 Overlander