Re: [VACList] Step question

Jo Ann
You can find a step at most RV parts stores. The trouble I found with them
is #1 they don't look like an Airstream step. Guess you could take the piece
of rolled aluminum that at the bottom and attach it to the new step. What I
ended up doing is just making new sides for the step and aluminum arms to
support it. To make the recess areas for the bolts that allow it to slide
you will need a counter bore kit to make the bolt areas deep/large enough
for the pivot bolts. A counter bore is kind of like a countersink, except
the area will be flat instead of 110 degree countersink angle..
Bobby
Valdosta, GA