Re: [VACList] '73 Dinette

These are the conversations which make me nervous.  From this designers
perspective, the coolest thing about Airstreams is the completeness of the
design, including the interior.  I'd have trouble buying a new
"Classic"--too much log cabin maple and multiple layers of window treatments
in an ill-advised attempt to mask the aircraft heritage.

While in eastern Washington, we came across a 1975 carcuss that the owner
had created before loosing interest/discovering the true costs.  Sadly, the
beautiful (to me) tambours, walnut p-lam doors with Boeing-style latches,
and vintage aluminum cabinet frames were laying in a heap nest to the coach.
  The owner just didn't like the floor plan.

Our first trailer was a 1975 Argosy, completely original, and its interior
was too my eye far nicer than the 1985 Limited we have now.  It pained me to
see that the owner of this 1975 so didn't get it.  Houses, attached to
foundations, need to be "remuddled" sometimes.  An Airstream in good shape
can be sold or traded for another rig with better function/floorplan.

Good grief!  I've gone on and on.  Sorry!  Apologies to any who disagree.

Jim, JR, and Jezebel (the standard poodle)

'85 Limited 32'
'03 Avalanche 2500