Re: [VACList] "Retro" Awnings

You must rember that sail boat sails are raiser and lowered often in many
cases the awnings have remained fixed for many years therefor the slot acumilates
a lot oif debree and crosion and the awning becomes almost bonded in place.
When I replaced the orgional Carefree awning on mt 65 tradewind it about 3
hours of wotk a lot of profanity and almost eavery lubercant I could find to
remove it . Replacing the new awning was not a pleasure eather it was a 3 man job
and a lot of sweat to get the job done as the redgial crosion aperhaps dirt
that we were unable to remove added to the difficulty of the job.
Jim Smith