Re: [VACList] Frame rust

Thats exactly what I did.  The inside of the "box" I sprayed with that
chemical that converts the rust.  Underneath/outside the box I coated with
POR 15.  My orginal question was if that would cure the rust problem.  I
think not, but maybe it does?..... I've always figured once rust started
you could not stop it.  My plan is everything is pretty tight now and I
plan to watch it.  Maybe spray the chemical in the box once per year????

Doing a frame off or dipping would be very difficult to do and the frame is
really solid,,,its just starting rusting on the inside where you (there are
flakes in there that I've tried to remove as much as possible) can't scrape
- like someone said, on an automobilie its usually not a problem because
you have oil coming off the engine, trailer I think its more difficult.

I like the old "C" frame better, but then they are not as strong.

I apprecate any of your thoughts.

Ken J.
5358