Re: [VACList] Frame rust

Frame work continues:  the sheet metal man came by this morning and cut
the front half of the belly pan off but oh boy, it ain't a lot of fun
grinding metal while on your back on a creeper. I find this extremely
stressful. The top and sides of the frame were ok but anybody have a
clue on the bottom surface - a method or technique that doesn't involve
working on one's back with a high speed grinder above?
   The other hint on doing the grinding off of rust was to paint the
rusty steel with waste motor oil to curtail the flying dust and rust
particles - swap that mess for a muddy but more manageable mess so I
did that and it works pretty well I think. but what a mess - you got to
do it with old old heavy clothes on and sweep off before you go in the
house again. Actually, best to disrobe on the deck and make a dash for
the shower. Remember you're going to eventually throw those clothes in
the garbage.
      Also went out and bought a Makita reciprocating saw to remove the
rusty bolts that are embedded in the frame. No wonder people do more
than one of these trailers- you've got so much invested in tools that
you want to use them. So far I've amassed two sanders, 3 kinds of saws,
two kinds of drills, every scraper known to man, and a huge assortment
of screwdrivers, rivet guns, etc. Is there no end to it?
  Good luck to us all in this aluminum madness.
Jo Ann