[VAC] Re: Tekonsha Brake Controllers

Joy,

Yes, you are correct about the manual override slide being available in an
emergency stop situation but it is much more abrupt and much more prone to
trailer brake lockup and tire slide than turning up the gain in a
semi-controlled manner.  The whole point of the discussion though is that
the brake controller should be capable of modulating the trailer brakes in
coordination with the tow vehicle brakes, responding to the braking
situation presented as the old Kelsey controller could do.

Glad you feel like you are gathering useful information from the lists.  As
long as you remember that all of us are expressing opinions not facts carved
in stone the information can be helpful to you.

We are getting ready to go out with a group of five other local couples and
four couples of our British friends from Manchester, England who are big
Buddy Holly fans.  They have come to spend a few days in Lubbock after
attending the annual Winter Dance Party held in the Surf Ballroom in Clear
Lake, IA, site of the last show performed by Buddy Holly, February 3rd,
1959.

Regards,
Harvey