[VAC] Re: Tekonsha Brake Controllers

SO . . . aside from lobbying GM/DELCO etc or inventing a completely new kind
of controller, do we have consensus that, unless we've got Gerald J.'s magic
fingers and Phd in applied trailer braking (:-) -- just kidding,
Gerald--I've learned LOADS from your posts and love how
well-thought-out-and-tested your solutions are!), the controller mentioned
below is the one of choice? Does anyone have a Web site or contact info for
this mfr?

You might try an Jordan Research Ultima 2020 controller. Though
electrically modulated, it works via a special cable (i.e., a mechanical
linkage) from the brake pedal to the modulator. This produces a
proportional brake force similar to the old hydraulic models and quite
different from the pendulum electrics now in common use. My experience
with towing is so far very limited but have had no difficulty whatsoever
with the Jordan arrangement. I know others on the list, with more
experience, have also been pleased with the unit.

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26
Des Moines, IA