[VAC] Re: Tekonsha Brake Controllers

Marc,

I can relate to your "What are you DOING ???" story.  All wives must have
been trained in the same school of  passenger etiquette.

I have grown to hate the Tekonsha controller because it rarely provides the
degree of braking that I request.  It is either too severe, jerking,
screeching trailer tires, or I'm in the near panic mode frantically
reaching-searching for the small, hard-to-find and inconvenient-to-access
round wheel on the side of the controller with my widening eyes glued to the
rapidly approaching cars and trucks in the crowded intersection ahead with
my foot down hard on the truck brake pedal and 9k pounds of aluminum pushing
hard from behind.

The response from the list has made the decision for me.  The Tekonsha is
going on a garage shelf before I take another Airstream journey.  That's it
for me.  I have thought all along that it might be something wrong with my
truck or trailer or skill and understanding at using the controller.  Too
many users agree for it to be a mere coincidence.

Harvey