[VAC] Re: Tekonsha Brake Controllers

Tekonsha does not make a secret of how they sense the pendulum position -
the pendulum interrupts a light beam, the amount of interruption being
proportional to the pendulum position, and roughly proportional to the
deceleration of the vehicle.  At least, that's how my previous one worked.
You should be able to do as you say, putting the pressure sensor from the
brake pedal into that circuit.  Since more deceleration means less light,
so less current in that circuit, you may (or may not - I don't really know)
need some kind of inverter; that should be no problem at all - after all,
we have Gerald J. among us. ;-).

- Dick
(5368)