circuit protection (in amperes) is, is the MINIMUM ampacity that your
cable can be.

Ampacities of cables less than 100' are:

        #14 AWG (American Wire Gauge) = 15 amps
        #12                                                = 20 amps
        #10                                                = 30 amps
This is out of the same National Electric Code in use for the thirty-six
years I've been in the business.  (Note that this is for standard types
of insulation, there are esoteric exceptions, but why pay esoteric
prices for them?)

For every 100' run go up one size (smaller number by 2).

The second part of the equation is the fusing on the circuit in the
campground (etc.).  Most of these are of the 30 amp style (at least of
the ones I've seen) and require an adapter to go to the standard
household type if that's what you have. (15 amp 120 volt).  If that's
the case, you want the cable to meet that capacity since it's
undoubtedly better to have the fuse melt before the cable if there is a
problem outside your rig.

My own recommendation,  go to an electrical supply house, tell the
counterman you want a 50' length of #10-3 (conductors) SJO cord and a
weather tight specification grade cord cap.  Put the pieces together (if
you go right before lunch when he's not going crazy with tradesmen
picking up orders, he'll probably show you how) install into your panel,
and that's one less thing to worry about in the long run.

(From an un-published work in progress entitled: More Than You Ever
Wanted to Know About Electricity and Probably Are Sorry You Asked)  {Pam
is standing over my shoulder with her technologically challenged 7000
meter stare on.  Feel free to join her!}

(^;
Matt (and Pam in the background)

PS:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

o<||:^)~

MJW/PAW