Re: [VAC] Refrigerator Removal

The refer removal in a '73 Excella was a snap...a little time consuming but
was really a no-brainer.

Shut off the gas, disconnect the flare fittings, unplug the 120vac, remove
the screws from the floor area in the rear and the sides, support the
cabinets above independently from the refer and slide it out.  I removed the
doors to make it a little lighter.  It went right out the door.

While it was out, I cleaned it up real good and painted all exposed piping
and the area on the front that the gaskets close to.  I used Rust Oleum (?)
primer and machine grey.  It looks good.

I called someone from an RV Dometic dealer and chatted with them about
replacing the refer....gave them the specifics of my model and the
dimensions and they came up with a replacement that was pretty close in
size, etc., but it was like $1100+(?).

But I decided to have the unit rebuilt for $300 and am very satisfied that I
did.  The outfit that did mine was Drinkwater Trailer Sales in Pembroke, MA.
They guaranteed it for one year.

It works great...with settings on 3 (both gas and electric), I get 37
degrees in the refer and 0-5 degrees in the freezer.

Rich Walbridge
mailto:richwalbridge@airstream.net
WBCCI#3371