Re: [VAC] catalytic furnace

Pat:

Many thanks for the report, as it helps me decide what to do. I had been
considering two small Olympians: one in front, to the left of the entry
door, hinge-mounted to point forward (dinette/lounge), port (kitchen), or
aft (bunks & office); the other in the rear bath for quick AM heat. But,
much as I'd like to dump the forced air unit, the moisture issue has had
me worried. I'm not sure I can work out a hinge mount for the Platinum
Cat (problem w/the venting), but your good experience makes me think it
may be the way to go anyhow. Use it in front for the main heat and, if we
find we really need it later on, add the small Olympian in the bath. As
we will be using the amidships section partly for office space we need
decent heat there. That was the reason for wanting to be able to point a
cat that direction. But a non-vented bath unit could be portable (on a
hose), for use either in the bath or in the bath doorway, pointed forward.

Rob