Re: [VAC] catalytic furnace

Rob,

I have a Platinum Cat catalytic heater in my 1972 31ft. Sovereign and just
love it. The wife and I have spent long, cold and wet western Washington
winters in it and have used the Cat heater all the time. We've never had any
type  of condensation problems as using this vented heater also draws cooking
and other moisture out as well as just venting the heater. I like sitting in
front of this heater when it's on as it feels like sitting next to a wood
stove. Nice, warm and penetrating heat.
The Thermal Systems folks are a joy to work with as well. I've had to only do
one little repair on this unit and that was to very easily install an
upgraded brushless blower motor.
The Platinum Cat. in this trailer was installed when I purchased the unit. I
know that this is one of the older, and possibly one of the first units they
manufactured, and it still works just great. If it ever fails from age & use
I plan on replacing it with a like unit.
During a Salmon & Potlatch rally at the Washington Unit's Land Yacht Harbor
about four years ago we had a tour of the Cat. factory. It was very
impressive.
I have an Olympic catalytic unvented heater installed in the Bambi which we
use at times when camping. With this unit I do notice the moisture and we
keep a window & vent cracked open.

Pat