[A/S] tongue weight and suspension

Hello group- I have a question:

I pull a 1979 31' International sovereign with a Ford F250 diesel 4X4
pick-up. tongue weight is ~ 1,100 lbs, according to a coop grain scale.
Total trailer loaded weight is 8,200 lbs. I use an Equilizer hitch. I
have the hitch set up to so that the trailer is level front to back
(ball height is ~18"). I am perceiving a bit more squat in the truck
than I'd like- the back of the truck is noticeably lower than the front
when I'm lashed up. I did replace my shocks a year ago, but the springs
are OEM.

I'm curious what others with similar rigs experience in terms of squat
in the truck and ball height. Have you done anything to enhance your
suspension? What is your tongue weight?

As usual, thanks in advance for the learned advice!

Chris Koehn
from Chamoeg State park Oregon, south of Portland
perhaps the nicest state park we've been in west of the Mississippi!