[A/S] my new obsession

Hi,

I have been monitoring the group for a week or two and I guess it is
time to say hi.  I looked at an Airstream several years ago at an RV
show and liked it.  We have been RV'ing in a HiLo and are ready to
make a move to a bigger trailer.  We looked at an Airstream at this
year's RV show and I now know that is what I want.

In the last week or so, I have seen a lot of references to 3/4 and 1
ton pickups as well diesel.

I have a Chevy 1500 with the 5.3 L V8, 3.73 axle.  Is this enough
for a 25' Airstream?

Anybody pulling one with this type of truck who can say yea or nay?

I know it is rated for 9000 lbs and know some will say to de-rate it
by 50%, some by 80% others will say go to the max.  I prefer to have
enough power to be able accelerate to highway speeds when the ramp
has some uphill climb or I don't think I have a safe tow vehicle.

Any help will be appreciated as I don't want to be disappointed with
the tow vehicle when I get my Airstream.