[A/S] help from Suburban owners

We have a 96 GMC 3/4 ton Suburban which recently has been giving us trouble.  In the
last two months, with no reason we or the dealer can determine, the car just won't start.
The first time it sat more than 24 hours, checked the battery, all gauges and lights
worked, but would not start.  Then we fiddled with the fuses and it started a couple
times.  Again it sat over 24 hours and would not start, had a tow service thru Good Sam
check it out and take it to the dealer.  Hauled it off the truck and the manager turned
the key and it started and said couldn't find the problem as long as it was starting. All
codes were good on the computer. A month later it won't start and left it overnight in
the grocery parking lot.  Called Good Sam who sent a wrecker, we got there and the car
started.  Took it to the dealer and again they could do nothing while it isn't having the
problem. We took the battery to have checked, all is fine and suggested the solenoid.
Took it and the starter off, the solenoid is good, the starter bad.  Put on a new starter.
Still won't start.Dealer's only suggestion is leave it with them till they can find the
problem.  So Monday we will have Good Sam send us another tow service and take it to the
dealer again! Have any other owners corrected a problem of intermittent starting.
Hope someone can help.
Tricia & Conrad