[A/S] Re: How do you use your Airstream

Hi Robin,
I inherited my 64 Tradewind 24' last summer from my Dad who is still
living. We camped when I was a child and he always stopped to look at
the "toaster" campers whenever we saw them. It was his dream to won
one. He finally bought this one used and it never left his yard for
13 yrs. so he gave it to me.
He, like Jim Smith, nicknamed it the Silver Albatross because it was
just sitting there reminding him of not having used it. He bought it
with the intent to park it on a piece of get-away land that never
came to be.
He camped out in the yard in it a few times and then started to use
it for storage. He 'kind of tried' to sell it but no takers at the
steal of a price of $2,300!!  Silly Maryland-ers!
When I received it, it really wasn't in that bad condition. The
former retiree owners had bought her new and traveled with their
Airstream towing friends to golf resorts and had taken good care of
her. The oven looked like it was never used.
Anyhow it did get traveled in previously but was in pretty good shape.
Some squirrels got into her at Dad's and tore some things up, mostly
the beautiful homemade curtains & screens.

We cleaned her up a bit, new wheels and tires, made curtains, painted
the interior, bumper, steps, and tongue and towed her up to Potter
County PA, to a campground where she sits and waits for our visits.

That's about a 4 hr drive for us so we don't go as often as we'd like
but we know we'll have excellent accomodations when we get there!
No, we're not full timers but when I am finally able to afford to
take the time, I'd sure like to travel in her and see our great
country. She's probably waiting for that time too!!
-Debbie