Re: [A/S] Pickup lid or camper shell and fuel economy

> A friend has a Glasstite brand camper shell on his truck. The top
> actually slides forward after opening to completely clear the rear
> area, even above the tailgate - the rear door opening is HUGE. See
> the GT-2000 at:
>
> http://www.glasstite.com/glasstite.htm

Hi Jerry,

That's cool but I'm not sure what you'll gain.  You still have to reach over
the tailgate.

My truck is so high that I can barely reach the back window to close it so
it's not in my way.

For me, not reaching over the tailgate would be the best. I wish Ford built
their pickups like the Expedition where the tail gate opens sideways or down.

Hunter