Re: [A/S] Soon - to - be - Owners of an Airstream

We researched the three before buying our Hensley.  The Reese appeared to be designed
for lighter weight trailers, like hybrids, heavy pop-ups and a 19' Airstream.  We didn't find
out much about the Equalizer because we met a couple of Hensley owners.  They were
sold and convinced us to give it a try.

We used it on our previous camper (6000 lb, 25 ft) and it really made a difference.  40mph
winds in Wyoming didn't budge the trailer.  We have logged about 20,000 miles on our
Hensley and wouldn't consider anything else.  I have never spoken with an unhappy
Hensley owner.

It is expensive, but my wife (a mechanical engineer) asked for it for her Birthday!  How
could I refuse?  I will also point out that hitching is a little different, but involves two cam
locks and two pins.   The spring bars are permanently attached to the camper, as is the
sway control.   We do have tow chains...but those are a backup.

When we took it off the old camper to install on our Safari, the paint (and rust) looked too
bad to install.  I cleaned it up and re-painted the orange part silver.  Makes it a custom
hitch and looks really nice on our rig.

I am certain that any of the three hitches will work well for your use.  The Hensley does
offer a free trade-up for changes in tow vehicle or camper.  They will exchange the stinger
(hitch bar with offset) or spring bars as your needs change.

Good luck with your decision.

Matt