Re: [A/S] Soon - to - be - Owners of an Airstream

> Thanks for the information, Jack.  Did you find a
> lot of difference in
> performance between the Reese dual-cam and the
> Equal-i-zer?

Well I really can't compare it to the Hensley but in
my experience so far, after using the Reese dual-cam
for 8 years and the Equal-i-zer, I think the
Equal-i-zer seems to do a better job on the sway.  My
dealer who sells both Reese and Equal-i-zer says that
he has had similiar comments from other former Reese
users also.  I've pulled my trailer through some nasty
cross winds and have had the 18 wheelers blow by me at
80, with hardly a wiggle from the trailer.

The other feature I like about the Equal-i-zer is not
having to mess with the chains that the dual-cam has,
and the fact that I can take the trunion bars on and
off the hitch regardless of the positioning of the tow
vehicle and trailer.  On the Reese dual-cam, if the
tow vehicle is at too great an angle, you can't get
the bars onto or off of the cams.  One of those things
you don't appreciate until you back into a tight spot
and realize you don't have quite the room to easily
get the tow vehicle and trailer in a straight line.
The other negative regarding the Reese dual-cam is the
fact that the new dual-cam system requires you to
drill two holes in the A frame of the trailer to mount
the hitch equipment.  The old dual-cam system which I
had, required me to drill holes into the gas bottle
tray, to properly mount the U-bolts.  No drilling
required on the Equal-i-zer.

The only negative I can say about the Equal-i-zer is
the fact that the paint job is not the quality of the
Reese and you do have two bolts that you have to
occasionally check and keep torqued to 45 ft.lbs.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'
WBCCI 5024