Re: [A/S] Soon - to - be - Owners of an Airstream

List regulars have heard this before, but since it's a potential life or
death situation, I will repeat.

Your rig must be safe, first and foremost.  You must have a tow vehicle
that is rated to tow what you really have back there, and one that has
enough weight and wheel base to be steadfast if the trailer starts to
misbehave.  You must have your rig properly balanced so that the weight
of the trailer does not compromise the tow vehicle's stability, and so
that the whole rig is stable in wind, or 18 wheeler turbulence.  If you
need help with this, go to a horse trailer place.  Don't depend on the
word of either the person trying to sell you the trailer or the tow
vehicle.

You MUST drive cautiously and defensively.  You will take longer to stop
and evasive manoevers are hard with a trailer. Assume everyone else on
the road is nuts.  If the weather is bad, pull over.  If the traffic is
maniacal,, pull over.

What ever hitch you decide on, and there is much debate about them, the
hitch will NOT compensate for a badly set up rig or bad driving .

Let's be safe out there, or if you aren't, call me so I stay home.

Daisy
29' Ambassador '73
1997 Dodge Ram long bed 3/4 ton diesel
Reese Dual Cam hitch.