[A/S] Wiring up an LP detector

Hi, it's me again.
I never really got an answer to my question:
We have a 94 30' Excella. It has the roadside dinette, the curbside
kitchen, and the rear queen.
the '94's didn't come with LP detectors.
I visited a wrecked 30' Excella to notice that the LP detector was
installed on the kitchen cabinet on the front side. There must be
wiring in there, but it looks tough to get to.
There is room on the wardrobe base, and access to wiring in there, but
which ones can i cut into? If I tap the water pump wires, the LP
Detector will run only when the water pump is on.
Thanx for all useful answers. Please don't let this start another
round of LP opinions.
Fritz & Carol