Re: [A/S] Panic

Don't Panic
I think the same rules apply to the Airstream and electrical grounding as
apply in your car.
If the shell has a live wire across it, like a fallen power line, stay in
the trailer. The pads under the stabalizing legs and the orange thingy under
the tongue jack and the tires 2-4 or 6, insulate the trailer from the
ground. If you stepped down onto the ground with your left foot, your right
foot, still in contact with the trailer would complete the path for
electricity which could ,IMHO, flow through your toasting body.
I've noticed on very dry locations, that static electricity seems to form on
the outside of the trailer. When you put your hand up to open the door or
grasp the hand grip, S N A P and the static electrical charge on the trailer
goes to ground through your hand, arm and other now excited carbon based
life form.
So, in my opinion, the idea is to put non conductive materials between the
hoist base and the stabalizing feet and the ground.
Whether you will ever be in the position to test this theory, only the
weather gods know.
So definitely do not ground the trailer, unless you want a very exciting
life.
Sarge