Re: [A/S] Panic

>  When you put your hand up to open the door or
>grasp the hand grip, S N A P and the static electrical charge on the trailer
>goes to ground through your hand, arm and other now excited carbon based
>life form.

If you get a shock from touching your trailer it's most likely that you had a
static charge built up on your body, not on the trailer which is grounded
if it's plugged in or has the jack post sitting on the ground or the
stabilizing
jacks are touching the ground.  If your trailer is NOT grounded it is a very
dangerous condition!  What the previous posters were trying to say is
that you should not trust the ground pin on your shore power cord to make
this ground connection as the receptacle at the campground may be
defective.  So you would be safer if you use a metal jack post stand that
is sitting on the ground!  I hope that is clear.  You do want the trailer to be
grounded.  Don't worry about lightning, it will find a path to ground no matter
what you do.

Tony,  electrical designer and engineering technician in a previous life.