Re: [A/S] Slideout Problems?

Hi Don.

We have an '04 34' Ltd slide out with the sofa.  We
have never had a problem with it.

Last summer I took the trailer to Jackson Center for
some warranty work that did not involve the slide out.
 I got to talking with one of the guys working on the
trailer about the slide about maintenance.  He said to
get a can of silicone spray, I already had that, and
to spray the rubber seal inside and out at least once
a year.  He also told me to spray the gears underneath
the trailer when the slide was extended.  He suggested
that I get something to use to push the rain water off
of the slide after a rain.  The awning will keep most
of the rain off of the slide, and the rubber seal will
take a good deal of it off as well.  He said that some
water will enter the trailer if I didn't push it off
before I took the slide back inside.

The only other thing that I can suggest is to make
sure that the stabilizers are down, and the trailer is
level before you extend the slide.

We've had the trailer for two years, and have never
encountered a problem with the slide.  We love it, and
can't think of doing without it.  I hope this helps
some.

Regards,

Tom May