Re: [A/S] Slideout Problems?

I can't comment specifically about that model year but
I can say we are very pleased with our slide out.
Just a couple of things to remember.  First and most
important, the slide out should only be extended or
retracted with the stabilizer jacks extended down.
Not doing that subjects the frame to torqueing due the
weight of the slide out.  Once that torqueing occurs,
you are subject to problems.

You need to keep the gaskets lubed with silicone
spray.  This allows them to flex properly to maintain
a proper seal when the slide is being extended or
retracted.

It is possible for the roof of the slide to hold a
small amount of water.  It depends upon the force of
the rain and how level your trailer is.  The slide is
automatically covered by the Zip-Dee awing as it
extends.  It is possible for a wind blown rain to blow
under the awing and deposit a small amount of water.
When you retract the slide out, the water on the
surface can spill over sides as the slide comes inside
the trailer itself.  We normally now inspect the top
of the slide prior to retracting it when we have been
in wind blown rain storms.  If we see a small pooling,
we will extend a rag on a broomstick to soak up what's
on top.  Not really a big issue.  We have only had to
deal with the water twice since owning the trailer.
The first time was the surprise.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'