[A/S] Trailoring mirrors

Greetings everyone from N. Huntingdon, Pa. 18 miles SE of
Pittsburgh, PA.   First let me say that I just took possession of an
1987 Airstream 31 foot Excella which belonged to a long time friend
on consignment to Turner Airstrean in Jeanette Pa.  Many of you east
coaster may be familiar with the name. Anyway the unit was and is in
exceptionally good condition and the price was right.  I will be
pulling this unit with my NEW 2005 Ford Expedition with all the
towing refindments with one exception.  The towing Mirrors.  This
being my reason for putting forth the question and the problem.
Needless to say Jim at the Airstream dealership, and the Ford
dealership where I purchased the expedition, several camping/ auto
parts stores in the area have been able to come up with and
compatable set of towing mirrors.  I might mention that earlier Ford
Expeditions prior to 2004 all have numerous fiberglass mirror
extenders that simply strap, velcro, or by various means attach to
the stock Ford mirrors.  Someone once put forth the idea that "Ford
has a better Idea".  Well sir, in 2005 they changed the shape and
enlarged their side rear view mirrors. To my knowledge the after
market people haven't kept pace as there isn't apparently an item
offered.  Secondly, the so called universal, clip over the window
mirrors will not fit due to Ford tigntening the gap between the
window glass and the vinal/rubber ?? glass molding to the point that
the bracket will not fit.  I fear I am between a rock and a hard
place. Well there is my plight.  I anyone has any suggestions,
comments, or recommendations, short of hole drilling in or selling
the Expedition, please drop me a line either here in the goup or my
E-Mail address off group I would welcome you replys....
Many thanks for your time
Bill Caughey